Created by John Hanes
1. You’re on an evil and twisted gameshow where there are 3 doors and you have to choose which to open. The doors are labeled 1, 2, and 3 and you don’t know exactly what’s behind them.
2. One of the doors has $1,000,000 behind it that you get to keep if you pick the right door.
3. Which door do you choose: 1, 2, or 3? Take a second and choose.
4. As soon as you choose, the gameshow host opens a door you didn’t choose, which shows a lion. He then offers you a deal to stick with your choice or to switch to the other closed door.
5. Vocabulary in context:
5.1 on (prep. for media) – common collocations: on a show, on TV, on the news, on the radio, on the Internet, on the news (TV), but in the news (generally or newspapers including online sources).
5.2 evil (adj.) – very bad, immoral
5.3 twisted (adj)- very strange, abnormal
5.4 gameshow (n) – a TV program where a game is played to win prizes
5.4 ferocious – very aggressive, violent, savage, and cruel
5.5 ravenous – extremely hungry
5.6 host (n) – moderator
5.7 a deal (n) – an agreement that should benefit both parties
5.8 to stick with (phrasal v) – to continue with
5.9 to switch (v) – to change one thing for another
6. Extension Activity: For extra practice you can write below in the comment section what you think is the best choice, to stick or switch, and why. Try to use some of the vocabulary when writing.
7. For Part 2 click: http://wp.me/P24MID-5p